Throughout the school year, the students and families of St. Mary’s School plan and participate in several different events to raise money for St. Mary’s School. The success of these events is important to our school – Thank you so much for your support!
St. Mary’s School Fundraising Events
- St. Mary’s School Marathon: Each fall, our students reach out to their neighbors and community to get pledges for the St. Mary’s Marathon. St. Mary’s School also does outreach to local businesses and alumni. In 2018, we tried something different and students did service work in the community instead of just walking. We received positive feedback from our community and families about integrating service the “Attitude of Gratitude” into our Marathon day.
- Cash Calendars: Each family sells a number of cash calendars between September and December for the following year. Cash drawings are awarded each day, with bigger prizes on Sundays and holidays. Winners are announced in the bulletins each week and checks are sent directly to the winners.
- Fish House Raffle: During the winter months, raffle tickets can be purchased for $50 each to win a fish house, cash, and other prizes. Proceeds from this raffle have gone to help offset costs to families for field trips. The winners have been announced at the Christmas Concert or the Catholic Schools Week Celebration Dinner, but the winner need not be present to win.
- Catholic United Financial Raffle: Catholic United Financial holds a national raffle each year around February with some impressive prizes. Tickets are just $5 and the best part is that St. Mary’s School keeps 100% of the money from the tickets we sell! Tickets can be purchased from any St. Mary’s family or the school office.
- Prime Rib Dinner: The Prime Rib Dinner is held annually in late March or April. Tickets are $60 each for Prime Rib or Chicken Kiev and a delicious meal. The evening also includes a live and silent auction with items donated from local businesses and community members such as handmade furniture, baked goods, trips and so much more! The Prime Rib Dinner has become our largest fundraiser and is a fun night bringing together our teachers, families, and supporters.
- St. Mary’s Marion Golf Open: The Marion Golf Open is another great event held each July at the Olivia Golf Course. A fun day of golfing also includes a meal and opportunities for businesses to sponsor holes and other games. The event is usually scheduled each July. (Learn more here).
We are so grateful for all the ways that our community, alumni, businesses, and families support St. Mary’s School fundraising events throughout the year. We welcome any questions or comments you have regarding these fundraisers by contacting us online or at (320) 365-3693. Thank you so much for supporting St. Mary’s School!