The donors and supporters for St. Mary’s School come from all faiths and include generous businesses, individuals, and organizations. We are so grateful to all who have helped ensure that our students get quality faith-based education.
St. Mary’s School in Bird Island, Minnesota is an accredited Catholic school that serves students from Bird Island, Olivia, and several surrounding communities, such as Willmar, Redwood Falls, Sacred Heart. We serve approximately 77 families and 135 students in Kindergarten through eighth grade. We welcome students of all religious denominations with open arms.
How you can Support St. Mary’s School:
- Cash, Check, or Online Donation: Cash or checks can be mailed or delivered to St. Mary’s School 140 South 10th St., PO Box 500, Bird Island, MN 55310 or the church office. If you want to make a donation via credit card, a one-time or recurring donation can be made on the Area Faith Community Heart of Jesus website or via the Heart of Jesus phone app.
- Stock Donation: We have an Education Fund set up at Edward Jones. Please contact us for more information.
- Endowment Donation – Catholic Community Foundation (CCF): You can donate to the Catholic Community Foundation or directly to St. Mary’s School and we will submit funds to the Catholic Community Foundation (CCF). A variety of donations can be accepted including but not limited to cash, farmland, estates, and more. Please contact us for more information.
- Endowment Donation – Southwest Initiative Foundation (SWIF): We also have a newly formed agency endowment has been started at Southwest Initiative Foundation (SWIF). A variety of donations can be accepted including but not limited to cash, farmland, estates, and more. Please contact us for more information.
- Grain Donation: To donate grain, notify the elevator that it is a donation to St. Mary’s School and they will send us the check.
- Remember St. Mary’s School in your Will: Leaving a special gift for St. Mary’s School in your will allows you to leave a legacy and make a lasting impact after you’re gone and no longer need the money.
- Support our Fundraising Events: The families of St. Mary’s School participate in several fundraising events throughout the school year including the Marathon, Cash Calenders, Fish House Raffle, Catholic United Financial Raffle, Prime Rib Dinner, and Marion Golf Open. Supporting these fundraising efforts throughout the school year are a tremendous help to our school – Click here for fundraising information.
- Fundraise while you Shop: Did you know that by shopping with SCRIP gift cards or the Shoparoo app, you can raise money for our school without spending any extra? For more information on this, please contact the school office.
- Boxtops and Other Collection Items: There are many items that you can collect that will help earn money for our school such as BoxTops for Education, Labels for Education, and more. For more information on this, please contact the school office.
We are so grateful for all the ways that our community, alumni, businesses, and families help St. Mary’s School to thrive. We welcome any questions, comments or concerns that you have regarding supporting St. Mary’s School by contacting us online or at (320) 365-3693. Thank you so much for considering St. Mary’s School in your giving!